Employees have moved from throw away plastic utensils to washable utensils, and recycle our trash. In addition, an onsite commercial receptacle for cardboard recycling is available for contractors and employees. Our neighbor, Claremont School #307 for the disabled and disadvantaged youth, raises funds through a paper-recycling program. All of our recyclable paper is donated to Claremont School.
A&B Flooring continues to participate in construction projects that are LEED certified. The Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design certification is sponsored by the US Green Building Council. Very stringent criteria are set to achieve each level of LEED certification.
Some of our recent LEED projects include:
- Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Dundalk/Sollers Point High School
- Owings Mills Learning Center
- Anne Arundel Central Sanitation
- University of Maryland – Knight Hall